Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stamping With Mists

I love working with mists of all types and have collected quite a few. In my quest to be more frugal with my supplies I am forever looking for ways to make those supplies stretch further. I find that the soft, watery colors work well for stamping a background on paper for a project. This is really a very simple technique and one that can be used over and over for different projects.

You will need your mist, an acrylic stamp and block (I am sure rubber stamps would work as well), a craft sheet, and the item you would like to stamp, in this case cardstock. I always use a craft sheet to collect stray mist. And, as you will see, the mist on the sheet can be reused.

If you have been misting a number of different items and have mist pooled on your sheet, you can certainly dip the stamp into that.
If you are starting from scratch with the mists, you can just do a light spritz directly onto your stamp.
Simply stamp your material as you would stamp with ink. Be sure to not rock your stamp as the mist, being a liquid, is likely to bleed.
Here are a few projects I have made using this technique.






11 comments:

  1. very cool! Thanks for showing us Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tutorial Nancy! I can't wait to try it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for the wonderful tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. What is the name of hte stamp you used, I would like to get one for myself too.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the effect this produces, especially with that script stamp. Could you pkease let me know what stamp line your stamp is. I've been looking for one that looks authentique. Really lovely!thnx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the effect you've created using this great script stamp.mplease let me know what stamp this is. I keep looking for a great script stamp & this one has that authetique and just found quality. Very lovel! Thnx

    ReplyDelete