Monday, February 17, 2014

A Year of Memories

Cindy here!  Today I'm sharing a 2-page layout that represents a year of memories.  My son Trevor started Cub Scouts last year as a first grader.  We joined the small Pack that was getting started at his school, hoping to be able to help grow it into a larger, active group.  To make a long story short, that isn't what happened and we ended up leaving that Pack mid-year, spending the rest of his Tiger (first grade) year with a variety of other Packs who kindly and graciously let us join them for meetings, activities, field trips, and events.

For a long time, I struggled with how to scrap Trevor's Tiger Year.  I wasn't sure how to put a year's worth of memories onto a page when the pictures were from activities we did with so many different Packs. Then I realized that I needed to treat the photos as if they were from one event... that event being Trevor's Tiger Year.  Once I did, everything came together.


I kept the layout and journaling really simple.  Instead of trying to tell a story from my point of view, I thought about what Trevor would want to see in his scrapbook.  He didn't need to hear about the agonizing his parents did over whether to leave the original Pack, or the effort we put into making sure Trevor didn't miss out on any of the things a Cub Scout in an active Pack would do.  He would want to see pictures of the cool things he did, with an explanation of where each picture was taken.  So that's what I did.  Simple, colorful, and a great visual reminder of his Tiger Year.


2 comments:

  1. I love it, Cindy! It'simple (yet beautiful!) and from Trevor's viewpoint - - -that makes it awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect solution! I love the title font, too! :)

    ReplyDelete