Friday, September 17, 2010

Masking and Stamping Technique by Christine!

Happy Friday! I am so excited today to be featured over at Ideas for Scrapbookers! Pam has a great blog that is just full of inspiration for all paper-crafters! Thanks Pam! :) I am sharing a card today that I made using a bunch of fun products and techniques! See???



Let me start off by saying that I LOVE Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist! Love IT! They recently released their Chalkboard Glimmer Mist. It is similar to Glimmer Mist but way more opaque. I wanted to show how easy it is to use screens with misting products. First you want to lay the screen on your paper where you would like it to mask. Like this:



You want to lightly mist it in sweeping motions. If you spray too much it will pool and go under your mask. I then lift my mask using tweezers, (this is easier and less likely to smear). This is what it will look like:



Tattered Angels has several masks that have matching stamps. They are acrylic stamps so you can see perfectly when stamping on a masked area! I also wanted to show today what stamping with a Paint Dabber looks like! It is a Shabby Chic look that is great. Using the Adirondack Paint Dabbers by Ranger you have no clean up of brushes or trays! There is a foam dabber on top and the paint comes out when pressed down. When painting your stamp you just want to “dab” the paint on until it is covered. You do not want it gloppy or you will not get a clean stamped image. See how the stamp matches the screen?



This is the base of my card front. I then stamped my image using Memento Ink and colored it in using my Copic Markers. I used the new Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam on the umbrella and then put a rhinestone on using my I-Rock! (I love that tool!!!) I then inked the edges and adhered with a pop dot.


Ta-Da!



My sentiment on the inside says:



I hope that you have enjoyed this technique and have been inspired. Once again, thanks to Pam and Ideas for Scrapbookers!


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CHRISTINE)



6 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty. I've not seen the stamps that mirror the masks: cool....now off to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta Da amazing!!!! Love the use of Glimmer Mist and Paint Dabbers. Your Copic coloring is gorgeous! http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great technique! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love Glimmer Mists too..great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your masking and stamping are fabulous! I love your coloring too! Great card!

    ReplyDelete