Hello friends. This is Anupama with a post on how to deal with setbacks/ disappointment in the scrapping world. Some of us including me have design team aspirations and when rejection shows up in your inbox, it helps to remember a few things -
1. Do not take it personally. Challenge blog owners/ manufacturers etc. might be looking for something specific and your style may not fit in their scheme of things at the moment. So just say "Next!"
2. You might want to use this opportunity to work harder on your signature style. I personally see this as a sign to spend more time at my scrapping table and GROW in the process.
3. Try and remember why you got into scrapping in the first place - to preserve precious memories for your family and leave a legacy for your grandchildren. So keep scrapping.
4. The most talented and experienced of scrappers have had to deal with disappointment well into their scrapping careers. Persistence is what sets them apart from the has-beens.
5. Simply scrap and have fun! If you are not, maybe your ladder (of success) is leaning against the wrong wall.
As a newbie in the scrapping world, I sometimes struggle for answers to a lot of issues that do not necessarily deal with techniques, etc. Experienced scrappers sometimes share tips on their blogs that have helped me immensely and others have replied to my emails with generous advice. I am hoping that this post answers a question or two that you had but didn't know how to ask! Happy scrapping :)