Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hybrid Halloween Card

Hello there, it's Cathy here today to share a hybrid card with you.  6 days until the little trick-or-treaters come about. At least here in the states. Do you celebrate Halloween where you are?  It's one of those "holidays" that people seen to either love or hate.

It's also another reason to share a greeting with others. As a card maker, I love that!! Any excuse to create a card!!

I designed the layout for this card in the Silhouette Studio Software. I find myself doing that more and more. For a hybrid crafter it makes things less complicated.  It's easy to layout the shapes and design, drag in the digital papers that I want to use. Then I print and cut the various elements and assemble my card.  For this card I used Halloween Party Kit by Quirky Twerp. The kit is adorable with lots of cute stuff for making scrapbook pages, invitations, party favors, decoration and more!  

The vintage image gets a bit of updating sitting atop all those sassy upbeat patterned papers. To cut the vintage image, I dragged that element in from the digital kit. I traced it in the Silhouette software before printing and cutting it.





1 comment: