Sunday, June 29, 2014

Triangles!

Hi everyone!  Sharon here today wishing you all a happy Sunday.

Because I have seen so many ways to add geometric shapes to scrapbook pages lately, I thought it would be fun to share some different ways that I used triangles on my recent layouts.

1) Hand-cut Triangles:


 I cut these triangles then machine stitched them horizontally onto my layout:


 2) Punched Triangles:


This time, my triangles were punched with an old favorite punch from my stash


and machine stitched vertically onto my page:


3) Banners and borders:

I started with very bright patterned paper as my background: 


 and added black triangles at the top in the form of a banner and the bottom as a border.

4)  Shapes:

I saw an idea in a magazine about using geometric shapes to create simple forms.


So I cut my the triangles and overlapped them to make the shape of a trees:


That's it!  All four layouts were extremely easy and fun to make with the addition of the triangles.  I cannot wait to see what you create using geometric shapes.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I love how you used them so differently on each layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas, love the variety in how you used the triangles. Love the black triangle border, it really pops on the beautiful colourful layout ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the way you used the triangles on your layouts. They add so much fun! Really like the stitching and the way you created arrows to bring focus to different aspects of the pages.

    ReplyDelete