Friday, November 8, 2013

Hybrid Mixed Media Journal

It's been a while, but I finally got to do some more She Art work!!  I love doing this type of art. The mixed media is so very pleasing to all my sensory needs!  It allows my creative process to flow, while I think through some deep thoughts and capture some!  It's an art journaling process.


For this one, I got to also play a bit digitally. Arty Pants Digital Stamps has released some really awesome digital stamp goodies that help make Femme images a real breeze!  Check them all out here.


I laid out my design in Photoshop, then printed the background. That got Mod Podged to a composition book.  I then printed the girl, the word strips and the embellishments separately. I fussy cut the girl and pieces and Mod Podged each layered on the journal. I used paints, bubble wrap, punchanella, inks, pens etc to shade, color and highlight.


Some areas got built up with gesso and modeling paste. Glitter got sprinkled on various layers including the lace, and the girls hair. Unfortunately we did not get any sun today to help with the photographs, so you'll just have to trust me that the bling is really nice!


Some gems were added to the flowers on her dress and in her hair. I doodled around the word strips that are layered on the journal.  Can you see how much fun this is?


I didn't need to add any rub-ons since the Extras by Arty Pants include some awesome stamps to make this super easy!

This beauty has already been delivered to a friend.  I hope she enjoys exploring her dreams and releasing her true beauty!



6 comments:

  1. Cathy, anybody would love to get such an amazing and creative journal! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my first mixed media journal...I'm doing it with each page inspired by a son I love. All I gave done right now is the cover, but you can see it here.http://www.kellystarsallthingscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/11/be-daring_5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supposed to say "song I love"... I love both my "sons" equally (it's too early to be typing coherently)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing Kelly. I'm off to see your journal!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful job! It's absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete