Friday, October 11, 2013

Creating a layout using a color scheme and sketch!

Good Morning everyone!  TGIF!  Sharon here to share with you an easy way to make a great scrapbook page.  I have found that using sketches really helps me with my creativity and is a great source of inspiration. There are so many wonderful sketches just waiting for you to check them out!  I know you can find awesome sketches and templates right here at Ideas for Scrapbookers by clicking on the sidebar under "LINKS TO PAM'S SPECIFIC TEMPLATES."  Pam's templates/sketches are really cool and so easy to use!

But today, I would like to share a sketch and color scheme from a different source, a challenge blog.  There are lots of them out there, and here is just one that has lots of inspiration:  Color Me Scrappy. They have a challenge going on right now using the following color scheme:

 

and sketch:


I loved the sketch and used it to make the following layout:


I used bricks instead of stitching for my border, and burlap to frame my photos.  As you can see, you can use the sketch as loosely or specifically as you like.  Check out the Color Me Scrappy blog to see what others have done with this sketch and color palette!

P.S.  You can use your creations as gifts, too.  I gave this layout to my sister for her birthday on September 30th!




VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES





2 comments:

  1. I love the bricks! And the burlap! There is so much texture and color on this page. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete