Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Designer Showcase: Non-layout projects

Hi everyone. Pam here again for a non-layout edition of designer showcase. I know we feature lots of pages here and I thought is would be nice to have a post again with just projects (altered, home decor etc). Let's see what the contributors have in store for us ;) ;)


Wow. Lesley created this mixed- media canvas. I can't help thinking this would look so good in my scrap room. *wink wink . So many cool things to look out here. Let's hear how Lesley made this, "Started with putting a coast of Gesso over the entire surface, when dry I've used some of the metallic based paints I purchased when doing the class with Finnibair, they are really shimmery and beautiful, then applied water and let some of it run.  A bit of stamping, some lace and very fine tulle, then more paint.  Finished with one of my fav things to do at the moment and thats playing with my Julie Nutting Prima doll stamps, then added a couple of die cuts to finish it off."


Here is a super cool project Sharon made for Halloween a few years ago. This is so creative with the boo coming from the chimney and all of the "spooky" elements. I also love the polka dots throughout the project!


I adore what Sheila made here. How many if us having a ton of crayons sitting around not being used. What a great way to make art out of these crayons!!! Sheila got her idea from pinterest and did a great job making it her own ;).


Tanya created our last project.This would be great as home decor don't you think??? Love her creativity here. This is what Tanya said about her project," I saw this saying in the Silhouette Store awhile back, and thought it would be a perfect addition to the decor in my in-laws new lake cabin.  My FIL is an avid fisherman, and I found an adorable SVG shape to use with the saying.  I cut the saying out of brown adhesive vinyl, and it went on the background paper so easily!  I used lots of complimentary colors from a DCWV stack to paper-piece the fisherman.  I put it all together in an 8x8 frame.  They loved it, and it is now at the cabin!"


I hope you loved these projects as much as me today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am loving all of the non-layout projects! They are all so creative and fun! I bet they make great gifts!!!

    ReplyDelete