Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Trend Report 2013 - Part 2

Hey all. It's Pam again bringing you Part 2 of the Trend Report. You can see Part 1 right here!  I hope you enjoyed last week's post. Today I will be sharing some great trends, so make sure you check out the entire post.


CHALK BOARD PATTERNED PAPER
Our first trend today is chalk board patterned paper. This is a great trend. I love chalk board, they can be used for sport themes, school themes, and well pretty much any theme!

"You Brighten My Day" by Sharon Fritchman

"School Days" by Sharon Fritchman



DECORATIVE PINS
I love this next trend!! Decorative pins make such pretty accents on pages. I have seen this pop up more and more over the past year! Let's see some pretty examples of this :)

"Sugar and Spice" by Sheila Burns


"Garden Splendor" by Sharon Fritchman

"I do" by Sharon Fritchman





PAINTING USING GESSO
I have never heard of this until this year. In fact, when we talked about trends I didn't even know what Gesso was. The definition of Gesso is a white paint mixture consisting of a binder mixed with chalk, gypsum, or any combination of these. So, you can create lots of fun things with this. So, I am putting this as a new trend for 2013!

"We Are So Blessed" by Lesley Walker

"Knight in Shining Armour" by Gael Spence

"Sweet Escape" by Sharon Fritchman

 "A Hazy Shade of Winter" by Sharon Fritchman



WHITE SPACE
As you probably know, white space on layouts is not a new trend at all.. but I think we are seeing more white space pages now than a year or so ago. I just noticed that a few weeks ago. If you aren't familiar with "white space", it means leaving part of the layout empty. Dark space is filled in and the cardstock with nothing on it is white space. It doesn't have to be white btw. Here are some great examples!

"Mad Men" by Sheila Burns

"Droopy Do" by Tanya Ham

Crinkle My Nose" by Sharon Fritchman 

"You Make Me Smile" by Cindy deRosier

"Small Wonder" by Dolores Schaeffer

"A Cheery Boy" by Lesley Walker



TRANSPARENCIES
Transparencies have been around before too. They seemed to hit a high a few years ago and now have made a comeback in 2013! These are fun to use because they are versatile considering they are see-through. You can use them as overlays, alone, and cut them up as embellishments. Let's see some examples!

"True Love" by Sharon Fritchman

"My Daughter's Eyes" by Sharon Fritchman

"A Moment in Time" by Gael Spence



CIRCLES
The next trend has been around since the beginning of scrapping but is still going strong. This makes me happy because I love to use circles on my pages as you may have already seen! :) Let's see some more examples of projects with circles.

"Hunter Valley Gardens" by Lesley Walker

"Nature's Beauty" by Dolores Schaeffer

"Happy Girl" by Sheila Burns



NON-THEMES PAGES (just faces)
I think non-themed pages is a timeless trend. With things like Project Life, P-365 and scrapping everyday photos, we have seen non-themed pages really take off. You don't need an event to scrap, but rather you can scrap those photos of just faces of a snapshot in time. Let's see some examples..

"Sassy and Sweet" by Lesley Walker

"Friends" by Dolores Schaeffer

"Trevor and Grandma" by Cindy deRosier

"Summer Fun" by Sharon Fritchman

"Girl Friends" by Tanya Ham

"Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Sheila Burns


Thanks for joining me today!! I hope you have enjoyed Part 2. DON'T FORGET to stop back for Part 3 next week!!!!

VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan



4 comments:

  1. These are great ideas for layouts, thanks for sharing these trends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all of the different layouts for the trends! Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing all of the different layouts for the trends! Thanks, Pam!

    ReplyDelete