Thursday, April 15, 2010

What are your crafting "must have" items?

Today is “tax” day in the US. Perhaps you are getting a refund. Looking for something special to spend that on? I thought this would be a good day to look at ways to splurge on something new for your crafty collection. There are so many wonderful products on the market, while we’d love to show you ALL of them here, we just don’t have that much space! So to narrow it down, I “Asked the Artists”. Here are the go-to, must have items for some of the Contributing Artists here at Ideas For Scrapbookers.

Pam: “My go to tools are the border punches (esp. the scallop ones) that are all the rage right now. I could use those on every single page!”




Susan & Lydia: “For me it’s my Fiskars 12 inch Portable Paper Trimmer.”



Dolores: “My favorite tool is a digital craft cutter since I use one of the two I have on almost every layout. I am so busy, it just saves lots of time and I love the ability to create custom shapes that are all my own.”




Cindy: “My go-to item is my file for sure. My edges are always rougher than I prefer and I file every time I scrap in order to smooth them out.”


Delaina: “My go to for sure always is my Paper PIERCER....can't hardly scrap without it.”



Heather: “My favorite scrapbooking tool is my Purple Cows 2 in 1 combo trimmer. Since I'm such a linear scrapper, I have to have straight lines! This trimmer is the only one I've found that cuts perfectly straight.”



Cathy: “I rely on my magnetic precision mat. I use the straight edge ruler to help line things up. I typically only get a few minutes here or there to scrap, so I love that the little magnets can hold my project-in-progress the way it is without having to apply adhesives. Then when I get time to come back to it, I can pick up right from where I left off.”



Sarah: “my go to item -- It's not necessarily a tool, but it's my MUST HAVE item. I can't live without patterned paper! With just patterned paper alone, a project can go a LONG way. I can use it for the base of a layout or create my own embellishment. The possibilities are endless.”



3 comments:

  1. I love my BG magnetic mat...went and bought another one so can do two-page layouts easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to know what each of the design team members loves! Neat post Cathy!

    ReplyDelete