Friday, April 30, 2010

Cool Page Ideas and a Technique by Jillian!

One of my absolute favorite paper techniques is cutting intricate shapes out of patterened paper. When I shop for patterned paper one of the first things that I look for on the paper is fun designs that I know I'll be able to cut out and use to add lots of detail to my pages and cards. I have created a page and a sketch to showcase my love for "fussy cutting".





I used the Jillibean soup "Egg Drop Soup" collection to create this layout. I absolutely adore these papers for 3 reasons.

1.) The adorable Easter theme is just perfect for all of my son's Easter themed photos that I took this year.
2.) The whole collection includes an assortment of patterned papers that have fun shapes to cut out.
3.) I have to admit that I'm a little biased when it comes to the name of the company, Jillibean Soup, since it has my name in it! :)

I cut 5 umbrellas out of the patterned paper to use as embellishments on my layout. I used pop dots to adhere them to the page to give the umbrellas even more dimension.

Here are a few more examples of some projects that I have created recently using the fussy cutting technique:




I also created two more pages using two of Pam's Page Templates. I absolutely adore her page templates! They are all so different and original. They are so easy to use as well! I scrapped more of my son's Easter photos using Basic Grey's "Green At Heart" collection. Even though this collection isn't actually Easter themed I think the colors are just perfect for Easter and Springtime. As you can see I did a little bit of "fussy cutting" when I created these layouts as well, I cut out a bunch of the little purple butterflies to arrange on both of the layouts.





Thank you so much! I hope this gives everyone even more ideas on how to creatively use their patterned paper stash. I know that all of us scrapbookers hoard patterned paper like crazy, but the more patterned paper that we use up, the more NEW paper we get to buy! :)

(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT JILLIAN)

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your projects today! That jillibean soup is so awesome! LOve all of the flowers all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC LOS AND CARD! Im so going to have to use your sketch one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo thanks for the inspiration and the sketch Jillian! As always, love your work! It's always so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what beautiful layouts and card! LOVE them! I am a big fan of fussy cutting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pages. The sketches look so easy, but the finished product looks so fabulous and "designer"! Really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful projects! Love your details! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE fussy cutting too! Your layouts are absolutely fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete