Monday, March 21, 2011

Another use for a Banner Pendant

I just love all the beautiful banners that I see about the creative world lately.  Today I'm going to have you taking those pendants upside down to make a really cute birthday card. Don't you love when you find an unintended use for something?

My inspiration for this project started about a month ago when I was walking about the craft store and saw this awesome fun fibery yarn in the clearance bin.  The skein that I got is called the Confetti color, it is a mix of bright colors.  I just knew there would be a fun way to use this in card making.

I had some festive American Crafts patterned papers that went very well with the yarn.

I used a banner template by The Cutting Files called Banner Set 1 to cut the shape for my card.  The template includes files for all types of electronic cutters as well as JPG, PNG, PSD for digi scrapping or hand cutting.  I cut mine using a Silhouette cutter. 

I also used a digi stamp by Arty Pants for the card sentiment. I was able to bring that into Photoshop and color it to coordinate with my papers,  I cut the circle pieces with Spellbinders dies.

By just turning the pendant/triangle shape upside down you can make it into a birthday hat! Once I had all the pieces cut, I assembled the card. I layered the pink cardstock on the purple and ran a stitch around the edge using my sewing machine. I then wraped the ribbon around the polka dot patterned paper and then layered that on the pink.  I added the layered circle with sentiment(raised using pop-dots), the bow and trims.  I tied some bakers twine on the chipboard balloon and attached it with foam adhesive squares.

I then used the fun yarn to create a pom-pom for the top of the hat.  I adorned it with a crystal brad and attached it to the top of the card.  I created a card base from white cardstock and attached the birthday hat to it.

Hope you enjoyed this upside down look at pendants!

6 comments: