Friday, January 20, 2012

Collection Kit Versatility (Scrapping on a Budget)

Hey everyone, it's Pam again posting another topic about saving money or scrapping on a budget.  As I might have mentioned before I am on a scrap budget. It is a pretty tight one and I sometimes go to my local Hobby Lobby to find some great deals. I purchased For the Record collection kit by Echo Park while I was there with an idea to make my money stretch! Here is an image of what I purchased. You don't need to purchase this kit to play along, just purchase one based on something you think you can use for a variety of pages.

Echo Park - For The Record Collection - 12 x 12 Collection Kit
Scrapbook.com

I am going to share with you four layouts with different styles and different themes so you can see how I made my supplies stretch and I still have leftovers!!
I used the papers for a Renaissance Festival, my son, my dog, and a family photo. How cool is that?

1. My first page called Nine Years is about my son. This collection works well for boyish pages.  When picking out a kit or paper pack that you want to make last, chose something with some neutral papers like I used here. For instance, I have not used anything floral on this page which is fitting for this theme.  I used letters I cut out to make this even more boyish, plus the number paper strip works great for the age theme. (extras on page: Bazzill Kraft cardstock and My Minds Eye die cut)

 

2.  On my second page, I went with a different style and a different theme. This paper works really great for vintage or renaissance photos, which is what I did here.  Just creating this leaf theme enhances the whole feel earthy to the page. I used the same collection as above but this has a completely different look! The swirlie and flower elements really go great with my page style. (extras on page: Bazzill cardstock)


3. For my third page, I changed up the style again completely! I went with a more free flowing page but I used the same exact paper line. Adding rounded corners and swirles really changes up the mood of this page. I knew that I wanted a less graphic page and a more lovey dovey page. The floral tag really dressed up my page! (extras on page: Jenni Bowlin butterfly, American Crafts letter stickers and flower)


4.  My last page is of my new puppy, Ollie. Again, I used a completely different look and theme.  Adding the large flower gives this a slightly more soft look for my "new puppy" theme. I used three main colors from the kit that would make my photos pop even more.  The banner gives my page that playful look which also goes along with a puppy theme.  (extras on page: Bazzill Kraft cardstock, Epiphany Crafts buttons, American Crafts letters, and Jenni Bowlin butterfly)


So, now it's your turn.. next time you are shopping, consider buying a collection kit and creating lots of different looks and themes with your kit. You will save money and have fun in the process!

7 comments:

  1. You did a great job with those, Pam. And at Hobby Lobby we can just about always use a coupon to save even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts! What fun to try to use one collection for four totally different topics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layouts. great design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lo's Pam! I LOVE those papers! I have also started buying collections packs. It seems more practical for my purposes & I LOVE papers!!! I always enjoy looking at your work & thank you & all your contributors to this site! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog and I am a new follower. Thanks for all the great tips and ideas and inspiration!

    Susan
    www.expressionavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout ideas! Just curious how you made the jumbo flower petals evenly? Can you email me? that would be great!! snow.white85@hotmail.com thank you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete