Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Turn Blah In To TA-DA!!

Many people look at raw chipboard and think 'this looks so blah, how do I use it?'  Well, I happen to like raw chipboard because you can coordinate it to anything your working on!   I recently got some raw chipboard butterflies in my kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop.  These butterflies were amazing becuase they each had 2 layers so that you could really give them a unique look!  Today I wanted to share one of my butterfly transformation with you.

One of my favorite establishments this months Sweet Kit is the many chipboard butterflies!  I love that they are raw chipboard so you give them any look to coordinate with your layout.  Plus they fact that you get the second layer that goes over the top – great dimension and a unique look!
I am going to show you step by step how I transformed one of my butterflies from blah to ta-da!

 
Here is a base and top layer of a butterfly that coordinate.


 
First I am going to work on altering the base butterfly with these products.


 
I covered the butterfly with yellow ink, then a touch of green and topped it off with copper glimmer mist.


 
Now on to the top layer with these products.


 
First I covered the butterfly with my purple ink and then went back in and added a touch of yellow in to inside and outside edges.


 
I used my black ink with my swirly stamps to give this butterfly a pattern.


 
 Then a touch of glitter!



Now its ready for the layout!  So easy to make!  Now lets see how you can make your butterfly beautiful or ANY raw chipboard for that matter!

Happy Scrappin!

3 comments:

  1. I was scared of using chipboard when I first started. But having slowly been learning how to color & decorate it & really like it now. Thanks for sharing your steps. I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! The transformation is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out really well! I especially love the copper look to the middle part. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete