Friday, April 1, 2011

Featured Artist Friday: Handmade Flower Tutorial by Zulma

Well hello there and happy Friday! I am glad you are joining us for another terrific featured artist. Our artist, Zulma has a innovative flower tutorial you won't want to miss! I checked out her blog and saw the cutest projects - such as cards with sweet homemade touches!! Please stop on over to her blog to see more of her beautiful projects at http://mylittlescrappyowl.blogspot.com/ ... you will be inspired to create pretty stuff!  Our featured artist comes all the way from Puerto Rico, so let's get to know her before I post her tutorial :)


Hello scrapbooking friends!
My name is Zulma Santiago. I live in Coamo, Puerto Rico. I'm SAHM, married to Alberto (sweetheart college) for 19 yrs. and had 2 wonderful kids: Astrid (10 yrs.) and Alberto (6 yrs.)
I have been scrapbooking since my daughter was born, of course, not in the same way I'm doing right now (je, je..)  I enjoy to attend scrapbooking seminars and crops to increase or improve my knowledge and skills. In addition, to have fun and make new friends.
I'm a DT for the following blogs: 2 Sisters Challenge and Lollipop Crafts.
This is my personal blog: mylittlescrappyowl.blogspot.com  
I love the blogging world,so you can can share your projects with people around the globe and always you learn something new.

Have a nice day!
Hugs, from "Isla del Encanto"  (Enchanted Island) Puerto Rico!!!!!!!



Handmade Flower Tutorial by Zulma

Supplies needed:
1. Martha Stewart punches - Hydrengia (25 pcs aprox., small size) and maple leave (5 pcs)
2. Marvy 1" circle punch (2 pcs)
3. stylus or paint brush
4. glue
5. twizzers
6. gel pen or any kind of paint(stickles, markers, chalk, etc.)

Take one circle and make small cuts around it, save the other for final step.
Put circle in a foam base and with your stylus make circular motions to end with a semi-circle and do the same with the mini flowers.
Now, use your favorite glue and twizzers to attach the flower starting with the base or bottom of the semi-circle.

Continue gluing the flower around the circle and finish at the top.
Glue 5 leaves to the second circle and make small dots in the center of each flower with gel pen .
Glue flowers to the leave base. This is the result. Isn't a cutie.
You can see this card here Well I hope you like my first tutorial, and don't forget to leave your comment. I love to hear from you.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you so much, Zulma for sharing your super cool tutorial today!! :)


19 comments:

  1. Wow - this is totally fantastic !! What a great tutorial - thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tutorial! that flower is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this great flower tutorial. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pam! It's an honor to be here sharing my tutorial with friend's of Ideas for Scrapbooking.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs, Zulma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amiga que orgullo verte aqui, me alegra mucho y Gracias por el Tutorial me encanto!!!!
    Cariños!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amiguita,muchas felicidades y gracias por ese maravilloso tutorial,la flor esta preciosa!
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanta... que hermosa...vi un arbol con esta tecnica y se ve brutal...felicidades y gracias por el tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amiguita me fascino esas flores...felicitaciones.....

    cari~Nos

    Marirose

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely beautiful! Would you mind telling me what you used for the flowers and leaves. The picture looks like felt but I assume it is paper of some kind. I am curious as to the texture of it. Thanks for the tutorial. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely flower Zulma. I don't have those punches. I think I need to go shopping...

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is a really pretty flower.. i dont have that punch but i wonder if it would work with a daisy one?? just make it really fluffy i think.. thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zulma Congratulations!
    Beautiful and detailed tutorial. The flowers are rather pretty and delicate leaves.
    I love it!
    Success in all you undertake.
    Hugs, Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Felicidades Zulma quedo hermoso tu trabajo con las flores.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tutorial! I totally can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful flower and a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. !FELICIDADESSSSSSSS! Carinos lucy

    ReplyDelete