Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BRAND NEW CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS!!

Are you excited? I am!!

Before I announce them, I wanted say good-bye to Danielle (she is simplifying her life a bit)! Her posts were so inspiring and I am sad to see her go, but totally understand! We will miss you Danielle!!


I asked TWO new people to contribute to the blog and I just can't wait to share it with you! The first person is a previous featured artist. I fell in love with her style and and so I asked her to be a regular contributor for the blog! You are going to love her style and what she has to bring!! So here she is and read below to find out more about her ;)

Cindy Childress

1. Tell me about you and your family.
My name is Cindy Childress and I live in the beautiful State of Maryland. I
am in my early 40's and have a 3 1/2 year old son, Thomas Jacob ("TJ").

2.
What is your blog address so people can read more about you on your blog?
No blog, but here is my scrapbook gallery.
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?u=456609

3. How did you get started scrapbooking? What drew you to the craft?

I was a late in life Mom (we were almost 40 and 44 years old at the time).
My son has become the added light in our lives. I think becoming a first time Mom at an older age made me appreciate parenthood much more than I would have in my 20's, and probably even my 30's. Those feelings of gratefulness and appreciation led me to scrapbooking, as I wanted to document not just my photos, but the actual memories of the time. I started scapbooking when my son was about 1 year old (in 2007), and have been addicted ever since. In the roughly 2 1/2 years since I started scrapbooking, I have come to really enjoy the entire process, from taking the photos, to creating a page, to seeing the finished result, to sharing it with others.

4. What design teams are you currently on?
None yet, but would love to get involved more with design teams and
publications in the future.

5. What inspired your pages? Any sites or magazines which really inspire
you?
I look for inspiration everywhere. I try to get inspiration from basic
things that I see everyday. I also tend to let my pictures guide me to the best layout to showcase them and tell the story.

6. How long does it take you to complete a project? What is the most
challenging part of the whole process?
Anywhere from 15 minutes to several days. On average I would say a few
hours. The most challenging part is at the beginning. Sometimes I try something and I don't like how it looks, so I try something else until I am happy with it. Once I get the page rolling it goes pretty quickly.

7. What would you consider your scrapping style? What 3 words best describe
your style?
I tend to be a very literal scrapper...if the page is about color, I use
color. If the page is about a house, I use the shape of a house, etc... (maybe that is just laziness coming thru in my pages...LOL!). But I really do like trimming photos into shapes and circles and such. 3 best words to describe my style, literal, clean & shapes.

8. What are your favorite products from which manufacturers? What are must
have items?
Wow! What don't I love would be an easier question! I love Bunny Bo, and
Piggy Tales, and Imaginisce, and DCWV, and Basic Grey just to name a few off the top of my head. I love all paper really, but unfortunately like many of us, I am really working more on using what I have and spending less :( .

9. What is your dream scrapbook gig?

I need to start somewhere so I would just LOVE to be published!

Here are two of favorite projects! I love her pages SO MUCH!! She has such a great style!





___________________________________________________________________

This second contributor had expressed interest when I first put the call out but missed the deadline. So I decided I couldn't pass up her great style and ideas. I sent her an email and she said yes! I am so excited to introduce her! It's time to meet our second new contributor!!

Cathy Dippolito

1. Tell me about you and your family.
I am married to a wonderful man who happens to be my best friend. I have three boys Christopher, Kevin & Patrick ages 16, 14 and 12. You can imagine how busy our house is! Always in motion and filled with action! My husband is the Fire Marshal for a large municipality. He has been in the fire service for over 25 years. He also serves as the volunteer Fire Chief in the town where he grew up. I had been working full-time outside the house but have recently become a statistic of our economy and am currently unemployed. I feel really blessed to have the opportunity to have extra time to experience all the day-to-day moments with my kids. Two of my children are on the autism spectrum. I have been running a support group for parents/caregivers of persons with developmental disabilities for the past 6 years. I also volunteer as an Emergency Medical Technician with our local ambulance squad. We also have some furry and feathered members to our family. We have 3 cats, 1 dog and 2 birds.

2. What is your blog address so people can read more about you on your blog?
http://scrappycath.blogspot.com/

3. How did you get started scrapbooking? What drew you in the craft?
My life has always included some craft or creative outlet. As a young girl I taught myself to crochet, latch hook, and create ceramics. My aunt taught me cross-stitch and embroidery, and my mother taught me to sew. My love of photography grew when I got my first camera when I was a teen. After my children were born, I started to embellish some of the photographs that I was keeping for them. Then I found out about the craft of scrapbooking. It is the perfect combination of my creative passions. And this sparked my love for making cards. One of the things I like most about this craft is the community and friendships that grow from sharing a love for all things paper! Well, not just paper….I am addicted to traditional AND digital scrapbooking!

4. What design teams are you currently on?
Everyone gets to start somewhere, and I am really fortunate to start here! I feel very honored to have the opportunity to team up with the great talented ladies here at Ideas for Scrapbookers! I also participate in a challenge forum with a fantastic group of ladies and I am a member of Scrapbook.com, Scrap Matters and Designer Digitals.

5. What inspired your pages and projects? Are there sites or magazines which really inspire you?
Most of my inspiration comes from the love and energy of my children and family. There are so many things that can give me inspiration in nature and everyday life. My husband and kids will laugh at me as I tuck away things others might toss aside, and they just say “I know we are going to see that on a scrapbook page one day”. It could be anything from a combination of colors, the way an advertisement is laid out, or the shape of a syrup bottle that I know will make a great gift with some altering! I like to peruse people’s blogs and galleries, especially those that share the story behind the page they created. I love pages that help tell a story. I look forward to having time to page through Scrapbooks Etc, Cards, Scrapbooking Trends and Paper Crafts magazines.

6. How long does it take you to complete a project? What is the most challenging part of the whole process?
Sometimes I think I just may be the slowest scrapper there is! Yet other times a project can come together in no time. Typically I spend a few hours on each page. Most of that time is in deciding how I want to layout the page and selecting papers and embellies that I want to use. I want them to go with my photos, help tell the story and look appealing. When I’m really feeling stuck, I love to use a sketch to help jump start that process. If I don’t sketch out my design, I often find myself changing my mind as I create. That can be a sticky problem when things are glued down! This is probably my favorite part of creating digital designs – no adhesives! My crafting area is in the basement of our home. I have been known to be down there at 4 in the morning if that is when my mojo strikes. My family has affectionately nicknamed me “crazy basement lady”. They give me great encouragement! Really, they do!

7. What would you consider your scrapping style? What three words best describe you style?
My style? If you figure it out, let me know! LOL I really don’t think that I have one style. I love to try new techniques. I enjoy challenging myself to step outside my comfort zone. My pages focus on the photos and the story to be told/memory to be preserved. Three words I would use to describe my work are fun, interactive and clean.

8. What are you favorite products from which manufacturers? What are “must have” items?
Just as I like to try new techniques, I also enjoy trying new products. Among my favs are Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket, and Little Yellow Bicycle. My “must have” list starts with my camera, Photoshop and my ever growing collection of paper! Beyond that I love bling, (Stickles and Smooch work well on “boy” pages) and my ATG Gun I couldn’t live without.

9. What is your dream scrapbook gig?
I would LOVE to be on a design team for a manufacturer and get published. I enjoy helping people learn and grow, so anything I can do that helps others to learn to express themselves, is truly a dream for me.


Cathy had an AMAZING style. I am glad she sent these three favorite projects because you will get an idea of her traditional, digital, and card making ability!!



I hope you enjoyed getting know these ladies :)


2 comments:

  1. Welcome Cindy and Cathy!

    Cindy,

    I think it's awesome that you are a volunteer EMT! I really loved your projects and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    Cathy,

    I'm so thrilled to have another digi girl along for the ride! =0) Your projects were darling! I love that house card!

    ReplyDelete